This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.
 

Appointments

60% of our appointments are now available for patients to be seen on the same day they make contact with the surgery whilst the remaining 40% can be booked up to 1-2 weeks in advance. The same day appointments for the entire day will be released on our computer system at 07:00 each morning. These can be booked on line from 19:00 the night before and by telephone from 08:00 when the surgery phone lines open.

If you need urgent medical advice during surgery hours, phone the surgery on 01223 234286. Please be prepared to give some information to the receptionist.

Patients are welcome to see the doctor of their choice but we would encourage continuity for a particular problem.

If a doctor needs to see you for a follow up appointment, you will be given a slip to take to a receptionist to book an appointment with the doctor you were advised to see.

We encourage patients to use online patient access system. Please read more HERE.

Reception Team 

In order to be able to book you in with the most appropriate member of clinical staff  our reception team may have to ask you brief questions about your medical condition and the treatment you feel you need. This ensures that you receive the proper level of care and at the most appropriate time. Any information you give is strictly confidential and all staff are bound by this. If you feel you wish to speak privately, away from reception, then please say. If any issue is very private and you do not wish to give details, this will always be respected.

Extended Hours 

We offer some telephone and face to face appointments early in the morning on fortnightly Wednesdays and Fridays and once a month on Saturday. These have to be pre-booked and are aimed at those patients who may find it difficult to come to our surgery during the day due to work commitments.

Advance access appointment system

You can see a table below on where and when the doctors usually work (please note this may change due to illness or holidays).  They do move site sometimes to provide holiday cover. Patients are welcome to choose to be seen in either Histon or Cottenham surgery sites, if they are able to travel.

 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Histon

Morning

Dr. Baldwin

Dr. Robinson

Dr. Manning

Dr. Aho

GP Registrar

 

Dr. Poole

Dr Pritchard (diabetes - alt week)

Dr. Robinson

GP Registrar

Dr. Poole

Dr. Pritchard

Dr. Manning

 

Dr. Baldwin

Dr. Robinson

Dr. Manning

GP Registrar

 

Dr. Poole

Dr. Pritchard

GP Registrar

Histon

Afternoon

Dr. Robinson

Dr. Manning

Dr. Aho

Dr. Poole

GP Registrar

Dr. Poole

Dr. Pritchard

Dr. Manning

GP Registrar

Dr. Baldwin

Dr. Robinson

 

Dr. Aho

Dr. Manning

GP Registrar

Cottenham

Morning

Dr. Poole

Dr. Pritchard

 

Dr. Baldwin

Dr. Robinson

 

Dr Aho

Dr. Manning

Cottenham

Afternoon

Dr. Poole

GP Registrar

 

Dr. Aho

Dr. Robinson

Dr Robinson

Dr. Manning

 

Dr. Poole

 

Telephone Appointments

You can request a telephone consultation with the doctor or nurse, which they normally do after their morning surgery. The receptionist will advise you approximately what time you can expect a call you back on the contact telephone number you provide.

Chaperone

If you require a chaperone during your visit to the doctor or nurse please inform reception preferably when booking your appointment. Our receptionists are trained to be chaperones during consultations. 

Cancellations

If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.

 
Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website